Acute Care and Residential Treatment for Children and Teenagers (ages 4-20)
Are you overwhelmed? Is your child:
- Suffering from a trauma?
Have you tried everything possible and nothing has worked so far? We are confident we can help.
Lakeland Behavioral Health System has provided psychiatric services in Springfield, Missouri for over 20 years. Today, our focus is solely on children and young adults ages 4 to 20 who have severe psychiatric and behavior disorders.
Lakeland’s dedicated Intake Department is available 24 hours a day to provide a free confidential assessment and consultation.
If you are a parent or guardian overwhelmed, confused or in a crisis with your child, we are here for support and direction in getting the right behavioral health treatment for your child.
Lakeland Behavorial Health System provides high quality treatment for emotional and behavioral disorders in a residential treatment and acute hospitalization setting for youth and young adults ages 4-20.
Lakeland offers 7 distinct child and adolescent psychiatric programs designed to treat individuals and families suffering from emotional problems, depression, anxiety, mood instability, substance abuse, past trauma, impulse control issues and issues related to anger and aggression.
Acute Care – Ages 4-17:
Our Acute Care program is designed to treat and stabilize children in crisis. The program provides individual, family and group therapy, proactive medication evaluation and management and as well as active discharge planning. [more on our Acute Care]
Residential Treatment - Ages 9-20:
The long term Residential treatment program is designed for youth 9-20 and includes a specialized treatment program for males with sexually maladaptive behavior. [more on our Residential Treatment]
Dual Diagnosis Program – All Programs:
Lakeland provides a dual diagnosis program to address substance abuse issues and break the cycle of addiction. Beginning the first day and throughout treatment the therapist and case manager will develop a relapse prevention/safety plan to provide the individual and family with continued support and treatment after transition home. [more on our Dual Diagnosis Program]
Lakeland Behavioral Health System features a fully accredited school for the education of both regular and special education students admitted to our Acute Care and Residential Treatment programs. Recreation activities include a pool, indoor gymnasium, exercise room, vegetable garden and two outside playgrounds. [more on Lakeland School]
We will be an outstanding provider of quality, safe, and cost effective psychiatric services meeting the needs of children, adolescents, young adults and their families in the communities we serve.
We believe the true measure of what we do is reflected in the outcomes we achieve. Treatment outcome measures are monitored for each patient population. These outcome measures are nationally recognized and normed for psychiatric and educational domains.
The outcome measures include the following:
- Child Behavior Checklist (CBCL) for psychiatric services
- Acute Risk Assessment
- Educational assessment – Wide Range Achievement Test (WRAT)
- Discharge status trend/monitoring – i.e., discharge to a higher, the same or a lower level of care
- Percentage of treatment goals met at discharge
- Standardized satisfaction surveys – utilized for patients, staff, parents/guardians and referral sources
- The Joint Commission – Licensed through the Missouri Department of Health and Human services and The Missouri Department of Social Services-Children’s Division
- Lakeland is contracted with several private insurance companies including TRICARE and proudly provides services for the Medicaid population from 5 different states
- Lakeland is accredited by the Center of Medicad and Medicare Services (CMS)